We recently interviewed vegan chef Ayinde Howell, the visionary behind NYC’s WildFlower vegan pop-up restaurant and the online vegan community I Eat Grass. Here, chef Howell shares a simple recipe for breakfast potatoes:
You might also like:
- Chef John Marsh’s Butternut Squash Soup
- Vegan Spiced Black-Eyed Peas With Curry Leaves
- M Cafe’s Big Macro(biotic) Burger
Image by Kate Echle.
Chef Ayinde Howell’s Black & Yellow Breakfast Potatoes
- Serves 2
- Total Time: 30
- (Active Time: 25)
- 3 cups yellow & black potatoes, large dice
- 1/4 cup safflower or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onions, medium dice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper, powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- Salt to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, heat oil until hot and shimmering. Add potatoes and cover. Cook until potatoes are soft, stirring from the bottom with a spatula (7-10 minutes).
- Add onions and herbs to potatoes. Continue to cook uncovered. Reduce heat to medium low heat (5-10 minutes).
- Potatoes should be crispy outside and soft inside. When done, salt to taste.