By Stephanie Schoenster
This week we discovered how we much we actually enjoy eating savory oats for dinner. Don’t knock it till you try it! Read on to find out more about this week’s favorite new healthy products:
1. Michele’s Ginger Hemp Granola: You won’t find a granola that’s as fresh or heartier than Michele’s, especially the Ginger Hemp Granola, which has stolen our hearts. Flax and hemp seeds pack a buttery bite with a surprise pop of ginger at the end. In addition to using it as a topping, we love eating this granola as a cereal with a bit of almond milk. (Available at stores nationwide or online; $7).
2. I Heart Keenwah Chocolate Peanut Butter Puffs: We heart Keenwah! Each gum-sized ball is wrapped in vegan, fair trade chocolate. Compared to other chocolate snacks, I Heart Keenwah is higher in protein and lower in sugar. This makes it the perfect chocolate indulgence.(Available at stores nationwide or online; $4)
3. Grainful Steel Cut Meals: Grainful makes a line of delicious, gluten-free microwave meals ready in seconds. All the ingredients are recognizable, unlike conventional microwave meals. Each meal tastes more like a delicious healthier risotto than eating your usual oats. These microwavable meals also happen to be low in sodium while protein and fiber rich. Vegan options are available. (Available at stores nationwide or online; $73 for an 8-pack).
4. Buddha Bowl Popcorn Avocado Oil Popcorn: Instead of eating greasy, buttery popcorn try it with heart-healthy avocado oil! Each serving size packs about 5g fat and 5g fiber with only 120 calories, in contrast to conventional popcorn</a>. (Available at stores nationwide or online; $10 for 3 bags)
5. Good Health Kettle Sweet Potato Chips: If you love kettle potato chips, you will adore this way healthier version with sweet potato. These chips are made with 100% real sweet potatoes and a dash of sea salt, that’s it—no funny business. In addition, each bag packs a generous amount of chips while only being 15g carbs. This is the perfect guilt-free snack. (Available online; $3)