Also published on Medium.
- For dressing:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch basil leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 2 tablespoons water
- For salad:
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa (or any quinoa)
- 1 5 oz container baby kale
- ½ cup small grapefruit segments
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- Cook the quinoa according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a small saute pan, warm the olive oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and cook until caramelized, about 6 minutes.
- In a food processor add all ingredients for the dressing. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add kale, quinoa, and grapefruit. Lastly add the avocado.
- Drizzle with as much dressing as you’d like. Plate and enjoy!