This recipe is by Laura D’Alessandro
Also published on Medium.
Layered Berry Chia Pudding
- Chia Pudding
- ¾ cup chia seeds
- 2 ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 8 oz quick berry jam, recipe below
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Fresh mint leaves and additional berries
- Quick Berry Jam
- 2 cups seasonal berries, about 1 lb, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Make the chia pudding a day ahead so it has a chance to thicken. Mix the chia seeds, almond milk, cinnamon and maple syrup in an airtight container and store in the fridge. Next make the jam. Place chopped berries and lemon juice in a sauce pan and simmer until reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the chia and transfer to an 8-oz glass jar. When you’re ready to assemble, layer ¼ cup chia pudding followed by 2 tablespoons berry jam and another ¼ cup pudding in a glass jar or parfait cup. Add sliced almonds, fresh mint and additional sliced berries to garnish. These can be assembled ahead as breakfast for the week.