Recipe by Tracey Seaman
Look for purple potatoes that are uniform in size for even cooking, and simmer them until they are barely tender for the best results.
- 1½ pounds medium-size purple potatoes (2-inch diameter)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup (or more) finely chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as chives, thyme, parsley, basil and tarragon
- Place the potatoes in a single layer in a medium saucepan with cold water to cover by 1 inch. Add a few pinches of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, until potatoes are just tender when pierced with a knife. Drain in a colander and let cool to room temperature.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into ¾-inch pieces. Transfer to a bowl, toss with the oil and herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or cover and chill up to 1 day ahead and serve cold or at room temperature.