Recipe by Amy Kayne of 2GetherWeCook.com
Also published on Medium.
Sweet Potatoes with Maple Syrup and Cayenne
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. On a large baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper, roast the sweet potatoes, about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender when pierced by a fork. Let cool to the touch, then remove and discard the skins.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with the remaining ingredients and mash well, until thoroughly incorporated. Serve.