The following User Agreement (“Agreement”) governs the use of http://www.cleanplates.com (“Website”), including without limitation participation in its bulletin boards, forums, personal ads, chats, newsletters, social media, and all other areas (except to the extent stated otherwise on a specific page) as provided by Clean Plates (“Service Provider,” “we,” or “our”).
Please read the rules contained in this Agreement carefully. Your use of and/or registration on any aspect of the Website will constitute your agreement to comply with these rules. If you cannot agree with these rules, please do not use the Website.
In addition to reviewing this Agreement, please read our (Private Policy (anchor link down to Private Policy). Your use of the Website constitutes agreement to its terms and conditions as well.
The Agreement may be modified from time to time; the date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page, so check back often. Continued access of the Website by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to the Agreement.
Your failure to follow these rules, whether listed below or in bulletins posted at various points in the Website, may result in suspension or termination of your access to the Website, without notice, in addition to Service Provider’s other remedies.
We strive to provide an enjoyable online experience for our users, so we may monitor activity on the Website, including in the bulletin boards, forums, personal ads, and chats, to foster compliance with this Agreement. All users of the Website hereby specifically agree to such monitoring. Nevertheless, we do not make any warranties or guarantees that: (1) the Website, or any portion thereof, will be monitored for accuracy or unacceptable use, (2) apparent statements of fact will be authenticated, or (3) we will take any specific action (or any action at all) in the event of a dispute regarding compliance or non-compliance with this Agreement.
- MEDICAL INFORMATION DISCLAIMER
- The Website is not a forum for the exchange of medical information, advice or the promotion of self-destructive behavior (e.g., eating disorders, suicide). While you may freely discuss your troubles, you should not look to the Website for information or advice on such topics. Instead, we recommend that you talk in person with a trusted adult that you know or a medical professional.
- The information on this website is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only, and is in no way intended to diagnose, cure or treat and medical or other condition. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new diet and ask your doctor any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Jared Koch, his staff, Clean Plates (cleanplates.com) and its third party providers disclaim any liability or loss in connection with the content provided on this website.
III. REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNT CREATION
- REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
- FEES AND PAYMENTS:
- Service Provider or third parties may charge you fees for products or services offered for sale through the Website, and/or for access to portions of the Website or the Website as a whole. You agree to pay all fees and charges, including applicable taxes, incurred through your account at the rates in effect for the billing period in which such fees and charges are incurred, including but not limited to charges for any products or services offered for sale through the Website by Service Provider or by any third party vendor or provider (such fees, charges and taxes shall collectively be referred to as “Fees”). Service Provider reserves the right to change the amount of, or basis for determining, any Fees, and to institute new Fees, effective upon prior notice to you.
- If you submit your credit, debit or charge card information to Service Provider upon registration or otherwise, you give Service Provider permission to charge all Fees incurred through your account to the credit, debit or charge card you designate. Any additional Fees (other than renewal fees) will be charged at the time they are incurred. If payment cannot be charged to your credit, debit or charge card or your payment is returned to Service Provider for any reason, including charge back, Service Provider reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your account and all its obligations under this Agreement.
- RULES OF USAGE:
- USE OF THE WEBSITE BY YOU:
- The Website is not intended for users under the age of 13, and Service Provider does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 13. Such users are expressly prohibited from submitting their personally identifiable information to us, and from using portions of the Website for which registration is required, such as our forums and chat areas; any information submitted by such users will not knowingly be used, posted, or retained by us.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Website is intended for your personal use only. You may not authorize others to use the Website, and you are responsible for all use of the Website by you and by those you allow to use, or provide access to, the Website. You may not impersonate, imitate or pretend to be somebody else when using the Website.
- You may not provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that constitutes junk mail, spam, advertising, and/or commercial offers. You may not repeat the same posting multiple times in a day or week.
- You agree not to use any obscene, indecent, or offensive language or to provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that is defamatory, abusive, bullying, harassing, racist, hateful, or violent. You agree to refrain from ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, homophobia, and personal attacks when using the Website.
- You further agree not to use any sexually explicit language or to provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that is sexually explicit. Do not “cyber” or solicit another to “cyber” (participate in virtual sex) on or through the Website.
- You may not provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that is encrypted, invades anyone’s privacy, or illustrates, references or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, federal, national or international law or regulation (e.g., drug use, underage drinking). You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability. Do not provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that includes instructions for weapon and/or explosive manufacture or use.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material you provide to or post on the Website, including without limitation in bulletin boards, forums, personal ads, chats or elsewhere, does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party or is provided or posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights.
- The Website may contain graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio and other material that is clearly identified for your use (“Assets”). The Assets are protected by state, national and international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Nevertheless, we (and our licensors) grant to you the limited, non-exclusive, right and license to use the Assets solely as described on the Website, as limited by this Agreement, and provided further that you keep intact any and all copyright and other proprietary notices.
- The Website also contains other graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio, software, code, and other material that is provided by Service Provider or its licensors and is not clearly identified as, or intended, for your use, including without limitation the organization, design, compilation, and “look and feel” of the Website, and advertising thereon (“Website Content”). The Website Content is protected by state, national and international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws, and is the property of Service Provider or its licensors. The copying, reproduction, publication, display, rearrangement, redistribution, modification, revision, alteration, cropping, re-sizing, reverse engineering, movement, removal, deletion, or other use or change by you, directly or indirectly, of any such Website Content, including but not limited to the removal or alteration of advertising, is strictly prohibited.
- You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorized use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching, or otherwise, of material obtained through the Website, including without limitation the Assets or Website Content, except as permitted by the Copyright Act or other law or as expressly permitted in writing by this Agreement, Service Provider or the Website.
- You agree not to disrupt, overwhelm, attack, modify, reverse engineer or interfere with the Website or its associated software, hardware and/or servers in any way, and you agree not to impede or interfere with others’ use of the Website.
- Other than connecting to Service Provider’s servers by http requests using a Web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to Service Provider’s servers by any means – including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Website or otherwise.
- You acknowledge that Service Provider has not reviewed and does not endorse the content of all sites linked to from this Website and is not responsible for the content or actions of any other sites linked to from this Website. Your linking to any service or site is at your sole risk.
- COMMENTS BY OTHERS ARE NOT ENDORSED BY SERVICE PROVIDER:
Service Provider does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on forums, blogs or otherwise contained in the Website. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those who post the statements and do not necessarily represent the views of Service Provider or its third party service providers. You agree that Service Provider and its third party service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
- USE OF MATERIAL SUPPLIED BY YOU:
- COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS:
- Service Provider respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Service Provider may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, suspend or terminate the access of and take other action against users, subscribers, registrants and account holders who infringe the copyright rights of others.
- If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Website contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright rights, you may notify Service Provider by providing the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512) to our copyright agent set forth below:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Service Provider to locate the material;
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit Service Provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. For communications on other matters, please contact Service Provider as described on the Website, or e-mail privacy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MERCHANDISE SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE:
Neither Service Provider nor its third party service providers make any warranties with respect to any of the merchandise, products, and/or services featured, mentioned, or sold on or through the Website. Transactions for any such item shall be between the user and the third party seller, distributor, or manufacturer without any involvement of Service Provider or its third party service providers. You agree that Service Provider and its third party service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to merchandise, products, and/or services featured, mentioned, sold, or distributed on or through the Website, including illegal, offensive or illicit items, even items that violate this Agreement.
You agree to indemnify Service Provider and its affiliates, employees, agents, representatives and third party service providers, and to defend and hold each of them harmless, from any and all claims and liabilities (including attorneys fees) which may arise from your submissions, from your unauthorized use of material obtained through the Website, or from your breach of this Agreement, or from any such acts through your use of the Website.
- EDITING AND DELETIONS:
Service Provider reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any material provided for display or placed on the Website or its bulletin boards, in its sole discretion, without notice.
- ADDITIONAL RULES:
Service Provider reserves the right to post, from time to time, additional rules of usage that apply to specific parts of the Website. Such additional rules will be posted in the relevant parts of the Website. Your continued use of the Website constitutes your agreement to comply with these additional rules.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE USING THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, AND THE SERVICE PROVIDER, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL, IN WRITING OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN OR PROVIDED BY THE WEBSITE. SERVICE PROVIDER, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT THERE WILL BE NO FAILURES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR LOSS OF TRANSMITTED INFORMATION, OR THAT NO VIRUSES WILL BE TRANSMITTED ON THE WEBSITE.
SERVICE PROVIDER, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ALLEGEDLY SUSTAINED ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PROVIDING OF THE WEBSITE HEREUNDER, THE SALE OR PURCHASE OF ANY GOODS OR MERCHANDISE, YOUR ACCESS TO OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING FOR VIRUSES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE WEBSITE, YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE SERVICE PROVIDER, ITS AFFILIATES AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED (“CLAIMS”), ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, IN PART: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR”.
- TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE:
Service Provider has the right to terminate and/or suspend your ability to access the Website or any portion thereof, for any or no reason, without notice.
Service Provider makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate, available or legal in any particular location. Those who choose to access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
You agree that this Agreement, for all purposes, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey applicable to contracts to be wholly performed therein, and any action based on, relating to, or alleging a breach of this Agreement must be brought in a state or federal court in New Jersey. In addition, both parties agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
We may at times offer auctions on the Website; should we do so, we may use third-party service provider(s) to administer the auctions. If so, you must agree to such third party’s user agreements, contracts and rules pertaining to the use of its service. Neither Service Provider nor its auction service provider(s) have any control or assume responsibility for the quality, safety or legality of the items advertised. We provide a venue to bring buyers and sellers together over the Internet. If you participate in auctions on the Website, please note that Service Provider does not participate and does not have any control over or assume any responsibility or liability for the quality, safety or legality of the items advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items, or the functionality of the auction services.
- ASSOCIATED PRESS:
The following provision applies to all visitors to the Website (which shall include persons and representatives of legal entities, whether such representatives are persons or digital engines of any kind that crawl, index, scrape, copy, store or transmit digital content). By accessing this Website, you specifically acknowledge and agree that: (i) Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium; (ii) no Associated Press materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use; (iii) the Associated Press will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing; (iv) the Associated Press is an intended third party beneficiary of these terms and conditions and it may exercise all rights and remedies available to it; and (v) the Associated Press reserves the right to audit possible unauthorized commercial use of Associated Press materials or any portion thereof at any time.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you don’t agree to the terms contained in this Agreement, please exit the Website by clicking the Back button on your browser to return to the previous page.
DISCLAIMER (Updated May 25, 2016)
Our Website (and all content on Our Website) including information and instruction relating to wellness topics, such as diet, yoga, exercise and fitness, products and services available through Our Website (collectively called “Our Content”). You acknowledge and agree that the following warnings and disclaimers shall apply to all of Our Content.
Before participating in any diet or exercise program or using any diet or fitness products or services that may be described and/or made accessible in or through Our Website we strongly recommend that you consult with a physician or other healthcare provider. We are not licensed medical care providers, therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, relationship counselors, life coaches, first responders or any other kind of professional care provider (“Professional Care Provider”) and have no expertise in advising on, diagnosing, examining, or treating medical, psychological, emotional conditions of any kind (“Conditions”), or in determining the effect of any specific action, activity, routine or program (e.g., exercise or diet) on a medical condition or any other Condition.
We do not render professional advice of any kind to you personally, including without limitation, medical, psychological, emotional, counseling, therapy, treatment or coaching (“Professional Advice”), but are merely providing general education and information to you about health and wellness topics. You acknowledge and agree that when participating in any diet, exercise, yoga or exercise program or other activity or program described in Our Content, and/or when using any diet or fitness products or products or services described or provided in or through Our Content, there is the possibility of physical injury, emotional distress and/or death, and you assume the risk and responsibility for any such results.
Our Content is not meant to be a substitute for Professional Advice from Your Professional Care Provider and We make no warranties, express or implied, as to the completeness, accuracy, or appropriateness for any purpose of any information or content contained in Our Content. You are advised that health advice and other Professional Advice is often subject to updating and refining due to medical and other research and developments. We are committed to bringing you the most up to date information, however, We make no guarantee that the information herein is the most recent on any particular subject. You are encouraged to consult with your health care provider or other Professional Care Provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding any health condition or any other Condition that you may have before starting any exercise program, making changes to your diet or engaging in any other activity or program described in Our Content.
You should never disregard medical or other Professional Advice or delay seeking it because of a statement you have read and/or heard in Our Content. Our Content should not be used in lieu of Professional Advice given by qualified medical professionals such as your doctor or registered dietitian or other Professional Care Provider.
It is important that Our Content is used only in conjunction with qualified medical guidance and guidance provided by other applicable Professional Care Providers. If you know or suspect that you may be pregnant, have an eating disorder, have diabetes, or have any other physical, psychological, emotional or medical condition, it is imperative that you seek the advice of your doctor or other Professional Care Provider prior to using Our Content. If you experience any discomfort or pain during an activity in Our Content, such as a diet or exercise routine, you must immediately cease the activity and seek the assistance of a physician or other applicable Professional Care Provider.
- THE TYPE OF INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS
The Website generally collects personally identifying information with your specific knowledge and consent. For instance, when you enter a sweepstakes or contest, complete a survey, make a purchase, subscribe to our publication(s), or register for any portion of our services, you are asked to provide information such as your e-mail address, name or phone number. Optional information such as your age or gender may also be requested.
Our servers may also automatically collect information about your computer when you visit the Website, including without limitation the type of browser software you use, the operating system you are running, the website that referred you, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. Your IP address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university.
2. HOW THE WEBSITE USES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU
Service Provider uses personally identifying information you supply through the Website to provide you with the service you have requested. For example, if you subscribe to any of our publications, we may use your e-mail address to send you a confirmation notice and your mailing address to send you the publication. Similarly, if you enter an online sweepstakes, we will use this information to notify you if you are a winner. We may also use the information to communicate with you about new features, products or services, and/or to improve the services that we offer by tailoring them to your needs.
If you do not wish to receive future commercial communications from us by e-mail, click the unsubscribe link in the email or contact us here at email@example.com.
We also allow access to our database by third parties that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance or forums and search software, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those services. And if you choose to purchase items through features on the Website, we may forward your information to third parties for services such as credit card processing and order fulfillment. There are also times when you provide information about yourself to us in areas of the site that may be managed or participated in by third parties, such as auction services or shopping areas. In such cases, the information may be used by us and by such third party(ies), each pursuant to its own policies. We may also provide your information to our advertisers, so that they can serve ads to you that meet your needs or match your interests. While Service Provider will seek to require such third parties to follow appropriate privacy policies and will not authorize them to use this information except for the express purpose for which it is provided, Service Provider does not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties. We may also provide access to our database in order to cooperate with official investigations or legal proceedings, including, for example, in response to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process.
In addition, we reserve the right to use the information we collect about your computer, which may at times be able to identify you, for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, and to otherwise administer our Website.
While your personally identifying information is protected as outlined above, we reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers and partners.
In addition, as our business changes, we may buy or sell various assets. In the event all or a portion of the assets owned or controlled by Service Provider, its parent or any subsidiary or affiliated entity are sold, assigned, transferred or acquired by another company, the information from and/or about our Website users may be among the transferred assets.
- INFORMATION SECURITY AND NOTIFICATION
Because no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, Service Provider can not guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers or databases, and by using the Website you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you use the Website. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If notification is appropriate, we may notify you by e-mail (provided we have your e-mail address).
2. KIDS AND PARENTS
This Website is not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information or use our public discussion areas, forums and chats. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before making purchases, including subscriptions, on this site. If your children disclose information about themselves in publicly accessible areas of the Website, they may get unsolicited messages from other parties. Accordingly, you should tell them not to do so.
If you have any concerns or questions about any aspect of this policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our address: Clean Plates, 16 E 40th St, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10016
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES (Updated May 25, 2016)
To provide fair and equal chance of winning any Clean Plates-sponsored contest or sweepstakes on our site or in our daily emails, we provide these official rules. Please review these rules before entering any contest or sweepstakes. Where there is a discrepancy between the official rules below and any contest or sweepstakes details provided with a specific contest or sweepstakes, the specific contest or sweepstakes rules apply. If you have questions, write to info@ cleanplates.com for assistance. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. All winners must be 21 years of age or older, unless otherwise stated and/or posted. All winners must be legal U.S. residents at the time of winning.
- How to participate in a contest or sweepstakes: Winners of random email contests will be chosen at random from emails received at the contest or sweepstakes email address provided in the contest or sweepstakes. Only one entry per email address used to send the email will be considered for contest or sweepstakes entry, unless multiple entries are specifically allowed in the contest or sweepstakes description. Unless otherwise specified in an individual contest or sweepstakes description, no person may enter any contest more than once using multiple email addresses. Contest or sweepstakes entrants must send entries using the correct contest or sweepstakes entry email address, subject line, and any other specific entry information requested in the contest or sweepstakes description. Clean Plates is not responsible for and will not consider as potential contest or sweepstakes winners any incomplete or incorrect entries. Emails sent but not received by Clean Plates (for any reason) are also not eligible to win.
- How we choose winners: Winners are chosen at random from all entries received by the contest or sweepstakes closing date specified in the contest or sweepstakes description. All closing dates and times are described in Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted in the contest or sweepstakes description.
- How we contact winners: Clean Plates will email any winners of contests or sweepstakes a “winner notification email” to the “sender” email address used to enter the contest, and the person receiving and replying to the winner notification email will be considered the winner unless that person specifies another person as the winner. Clean Plates will mail the contest prize to the address supplied by the recipient of the winner announcement email. The winner must claim the prize by email response to the winner notification email within 30 days of the date Clean Plates sent the winner notification email. Failure to respond shall mean that the winner forfeits the prize. Clean Plates is not required to award elsewhere any prizes forfeited by the chosen winner(s).
- Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees that may be incurred. All cash winners are required to verify proper and legal picture identification and Social Security number within 30 days of notification of winning the cash prize. Winner may forfeit any and all cash winnings if verification cannot or has not been made within 30 days. Upon proper verification, cash winnings will be awarded by check, and mailed to winner’s mailing address within seven (7) business days.
- Each prizewinner must supply Clean Plates with his/her legal name, mailing address, birth date, daytime and nighttime telephone numbers. In the case of a cash winner, winner must also supply social security number.
- Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred.
- Neither Clean Plates, its sponsors, nor employees of Clean Plates or individual sponsors may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of usage of any winners of a prize once winner has taken possession of the product. Clean Plates is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any contest promoted by Clean Plates.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, Clean Plates may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Management, employees and families of Clean Plates are prohibited from winning any prizes awarded by Clean Plates.
- Clean Plates reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at anytime. If you have any questions or complaints about a Clean Plates contest or sweepstakes, please contact email@example.com,
- SPECIAL RULES FOR CONTESTS INVOLVING THE SUBMISSION OF PHOTOS, TEXT OR OTHER MATERIAL:
- Entries selected for display and to win “best of” contests and any other contests requiring photo, text or other content from the entrants will be judged entirely at the discretion of Clean Plates.
- By submitting any photo or information to Clean Plates you hereby grant to Clean Plates and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted photo or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to Clean Plates include but are not limited to the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted photo; By submitting any photo or information to Clean Plates , you hereby represent and warrant that the submitted photo or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and you have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to Clean Plates herein, including but not limited to all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances; You acknowledge and agree that Clean Plates shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any photo or information submitted by you, and may, in its sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any photo or information that you submit to Clean Plates; You understand and intend that any photo or information submitted by you to Clean Plates may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which you disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photo or information you submit to Clean Plates.
- By submitting any photo or information to Clean Plates, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such photo or information submitted by you to Clean Plates. You hereby agree to hold Clean Plates and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any Clean Plates site or in our email newsletters, or any other use authorized under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to Clean Plates by you; Photos or information submitted by you to Clean Plates shall be the property of Clean Plates, and Clean Plates shall have no obligation to preserve, return or otherwise make available to you or others any photos or information so submitted.