By Stephanie Schoenster
This week we found five new healthy products—including color-changing tea and low-carb bread—so good they’re almost magical. Not sure you believe in magic? Read on to find out more about this week’s favorite new healthy products, and you’ll be convinced, too.
1. Philosophie Superfood Blend: If you think you love superfoods, you haven’t seen anything yet! Just 1 tablespoon of Philosophie superfood powder packs over 10 grams of plant-based protein and 3 grams of fiber. That’s more protein than a serving of meat or one large egg. No need to worry about any suspicious fillers or additives—all powders are raw, gluten-free and vegan. Sprinkle a bit of this magical powder in your salads, soups and smoothie bowls to “make every food a super food.” (Available at select stores nationwide or online; prices starting at $7.99)
2. Bluechai Tea: Tea like you’ve never seen before. This magical color-changing tea is made from organic South East Asian butterfly pea flowers that are naturally blue. Add a squeeze of lemon to your tea and watch it change color from blue to hot pink. Tasted on its own, Blue Chai has an earthy, calming flavor similar to green tea. Or create a pop of color by adding Blue Chai tea to your smoothie bowls, cocktails or even rice. (Available online; $14. Use code “cleanplates” for 10% off.)
3. Know Better Bread: Finally all natural, low-carb breads and pastries that aren’t filled with chemicals or preservatives. How is this even possible? All Know products are made from a superfood blend of coconuts, almonds, egg whites, flaxseed, chia and other all-natural ingredients. This makes them not only low carb but high in protein and fiber as well. We highly recommend the mini-chocolate muffins. (Available at select stores nationwide or online; $10)
4. Jones Bar: Our new favorite snack bar is filled with simple, organic ingredients to help sustain your energy throughout the day, so when you’re on the go and need an afternoon pick-me-up, you won’t have to worry about fillers or preservatives. The bars come in 3 delicious flavors—our favorite flavor is the PB & J bar, which tastes just like the childhood classic. (Available at select stores nationwide or online; a $27 for a box of 12)
5. Gundalow Juice: Named for the historic New England ship, Gundalow Juice is committed to using only high quality, fresh ingredients to help you sail forward. Each flavor is delicious, from the Dockside Sunrise (a blend of pineapple, cucumber, lime, ginger and jalapeno) to the Sailor’s Delight (a mix of tangerine, raspberry, apple and ginger), and a great way to get your daily fruits and veggies without even trying. The sleek and elegant design of the bottles will definitely turn some heads as well. Mix your favorite juice with liquor to make a delicious and nutritious cocktail. As always, 5 o’clock on Friday needs to come sooner. (Available at select stores nationwide or online; a 7-pack for $55)