It’s mid July and the only heat in your kitchen should come from you capturing PokeBalls at your stove on Pokemon Go. The last thing you want to do is turn the oven on. So how do you have a delicious, healthy simple feast without breaking a sweat? Turn on the grill, get out the chopping board, open your fridge, and follow Clean Plates new weekly roadmap.
Here’s a sophisticated weekend supper, the first in a series, that will keep you and your house cool—all made in 30 minutes or less. We’ve given you a menu hack, providing you 10 simple steps so you can quickly plate dinner and get down to the good stuff—eating.
Mid July Weekend Menu
Step 1: Turn the grill on for the chicken.
Step 2: Combine the ingredients for the chicken marinade and let sit.
Step 3: Toast the pine nuts on the stovetop and add the garlic.
Step 4: Meanwhile, boil the water and then cook the beans.
Step 5: Reduce down the pomegranate juice and add the plums.
Step 6: Grill the chicken.
Step 7: Blend the chocolate pudding ingredients and transfer to serving bowls.
Step 8: Plate the tomato salad. Plate the chicken.
Step 9: Mix up the Classic Daiqiuri or Cherry Mocktail.
Step 10: Put food into mouth and say YUMMM.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon organic cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed and evenly pounded 1/3-inch thick
- ½ cup unsweetened pomegranate-blueberry juice
- 1 teaspoon local honey
- 4 ripe ruby-flesh plums
- Finely chopped fresh parley, chives or thyme or a mixture
- Combine the oil, vinegar, garlic and a few pinches each of salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, turning to coat in the mixture.
- In a small pan, bring the pomegranate juice to a simmer; remove from the heat and stir in the honey. Halve and quarter the plums, removing the pits. Cut into medium wedges and add to the warm juice.
- Preheat the grill and grease the grates. Add the chicken breasts, cover and cook, turning once, until nicely marked on both sides and just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to plates, spoon the plums and juice on top and sprinkle with herbs.