The I Quit Sugar Cookbook from anti-sugar chef Sarah Wilson is filled with sugar-free recipes that don’t sacrifice sweetness. A perfect example? These chocolate goodies that come with a dose of vitamin-packed veggies you won’t even notice.
- 1 large beet, trimmed, peeled, chopped, and steamed
- ½ cup heavy cream *CP recommends using ½ cup coconut milk, instead
- 1 tsp ground allspice (or cumin)
- 1¾ ounces dark chocolate (85–90% cocoa), roughly chopped
- Raw cacao powder, for rolling
- Purée the beets in a blender or food processor until smooth, then simmer in a small saucepan over low to medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to remove the excess liquid (it will evaporate) and allow the purée to thicken.
- In another saucepan, heat the cream and spice until it’s simmering.
- Add the beet purée and chocolate, stirring until the chocolate is melted. Leave in the fridge for a few hours.
- Once cold, roll teaspoonfuls of the truffle mix into balls with your hands (refrigerate for an extra 10 minutes if your balls are a little too moist) and then roll in the cacao powder to coat.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for 3–4 days or freezer for up to 3 months.