Get ready for antioxidant-rich berries and cacao, vitamin-packed greens, and heart-healthy coconut oil and seeds—the seemingly varied ingredients come together deliciously.
- 1 1/2 c. organic frozen strawberries (If your fruit isn't frozen, just add some ice cubes)
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 2 large leaves collards, kale, or chard, ribs removed, leaves torn into large pieces
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp. coconut nectar, or more to taste
- 2 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. chia or hemp seeds
- In a blender, combine the strawberries, coconut milk, greens, cacao powder, coconut nectar, coconut oil, and seeds and purée until smooth. Add more coconut nectar to taste and serve.
This recipe is from The Clean Plates Cookbook by Jared Koch and Jill Hough.