Once you’ve made this delicious, so-simple sauce, you may never consider a can again.
- 1 bag (12 oz.) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- zest of 1 medium-size orange
- 1⁄4 tsp. fine sea salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the cranberries, coconut nectar, ginger, orange zest, salt, and 2⁄3 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the cranberries have popped, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.