Making crispy nuts and seeds is very easy to make, affordable, and delicious! All you need are nuts and seeds of your choice and some water.
- 4 cups raw, organic nuts or seeds of your choice (avoid roasted or pre-salted varieties and soak one kind at a time)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Filtered water (enough to cover nuts)
- Soak nuts or seeds fully submerged in salted water for a minimum of 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Once they are finished soaking, rinse the nuts or seeds thoroughly in a colander. Preheat your oven to its lowest setting (around 120 degrees F). Place the nuts or seeds in a single layer on a baking tray and place them in the oven. Let dehydrate for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours until nuts or seeds are dry and crispy. It’s important to let them dry fully so they don’t mold.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or a cool, dry place for up to 1 month.