This salad is best eaten the day of but the good news is you won’t be able to stop yourself from eating the entire thing!
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets; stems peeled and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in ½-inch dice
- 1 bunch thin scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- High-quality Balsamic vinegar, for sprinkling
- 4 ounces Gouda Goat or any goat cheese, cut in ¼-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the broccoli, cover and simmer 2 minutes. Drain and cool under cold running water. Drain the broccoli well, then cut into small, bite-size pieces and transfer to a bowl.
- Trim the pointed edges of the zucchini pieces and then slice ¼ inch crosswise. Add to the broccoli with the bell pepper, scallion, oil, and cider vinegar. Season well with salt and pepper, toss and season with Balsamic vinegar. Add the cheese, almonds and parsley just before serving.