Recipe by Carly Stein
BIO: Carly Stein is the founder and CEO of Beekeeper’s Naturals, which is focused on superfoods from the hive and dedicated to saving the bees. Carly is committed to using her company as a platform to raise funding for the bee cause and promoting sustainable practices.
- 3 cups organic gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup bee pollen, optional
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves, optional
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries or golden berries
- Preheat oven to 250ºF; line a large baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, coconut, bee pollen (if using), and spices. In a separate bowl, whisk together honey, oil, vanilla and salt. Pour the honey mixture into the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly on baking sheet. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl, stir in cranberries and let cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.