This recipe is easy and versatile: You can bump up the flavor of the veggies by adding fresh lemon peel, garlic or ginger, red pepper flakes or ground cayenne.
Also published on Medium.
- 2 bunches thin to medium asparagus, trimmed
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium flame (or about 400). Toss the asparagus and broccolini in a bowl with the oil, plus ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- When the grill is ready, arrange the vegetables on one side of the grill, crosswise over the grates, piling them slightly. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, until lightly charred underneath. Carefully turn the vegetables with a spatula, flipping them over, away from you; cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Serve the asparagus and broccolini hot, at room temperature or chilled.