This recipe is from The Clean Plates Cookbook ($17; Running Press) by Jared Koch with Jill Silverman Hough.
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium-size ripe peaches (freestone variety, if available), halved and pitted
- Organic neutral-flavored oil, such as grapeseed, as needed
- 1 ounce (30 grams) grain-sweetened semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into 6 chunks, or 1 ounce/30 g grain-sweetened chocolate chips
- Prepare a grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grate.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Slice a thin piece off the round side of each peach so that the finished peach will sit flat, pit side up. Brush all the cut sides of the peaches lightly with the oil, then sprinkle with the sugar mixture.
- Grill the peaches, pit side down, until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the peaches and place a chunk of chocolate or a few chocolate chips in the cavity. Cover and grill until the bottom is lightly charred and the chocolate is slightly melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve warm.