This recipe is from The Clean Plates Cookbook ($17; Running Press) by Jared Koch with Jill Silverman Hough.
- 2 limes
- 1/2 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4″ dice
- 6 oz. strawberries, hulled and cut into 1/4″ dice
- 1/4 small red onion, cut into 1/4″ dice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 4 (5- to 6-oz.) sustainably sourced salmon fillets, about 3/4″ thick, skin removed if you like
- Organic extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Zest one of the limes. Juice the zested lime to yield 4 teaspoons of juice. In a medium bowl, combine the lime zest, lime juice, avocado, strawberries, onion, cilantro, and salt to taste. Cut the remaining lime into wedges. Set the salsa and lime wedges aside separately.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Brush both sides of the salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the salmon hot, with the salsa on top and the lime wedges on the side.