Recipe by Dr. Taz Bhatia
Another recipe that is good for breakfast or a snack, these bars come with 15 grams of brain-empowering protein.
BIO: Dr. Taz Bhatia is a nationally recognized physician specializing in integrative and functional medicine. Founder of CentreSpringMD, she is also an acupuncturist and nutrition specialist. She is the author of Super Woman Rx, What Doctors Eat, and The 21 Day Belly Fix, and host of The Dr. Taz Show and Kitchen Cures.
- 2 cups almond butter
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree or applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or grass-fed butter, melted
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, cashew butter, pumpkin puree or applesauce, chocolate chips or maple syrup, oil or butter, and protein powder. Stir well.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Super Woman Rx by Tasneem Bhatia MD.