Panir Sabzi is a Persian platter served with a delicious mix of fresh herbs, mint, walnuts, radishes feta cheese and flat bread. Don’t let the simplicity of this dish fool you.
- 1 small bunch fresh mint
- 1 small bunch fresh tarragon
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 4 scallions, trimmed of roots and any damaged leaf tops
- 4 to 6 small radishes, topped and tailed
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¾ pound feta cheese
- Remove any damaged leaves or tough stems from the herbs and place them in groups in a salad spinner to rinse and dry them thoroughly. Set aside.
- Wash the scallions and quarter them lengthwise. Wash the radishes and cut them in half. Dry roast the walnuts in a skillet until they are lightly brown. Slice the feta into 1⁄4 inch slices.
- Arrange each type of herb on a large flat platter, add groups of scallion, walnuts, radishes, and cheese, and serve. Everyone should eat with their hands, grabbing the cheese, vegetables and nuts and using the herb leaves to wrap them in tidy bundles.