Also published on Medium.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups torn, lightly packed kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon powdered spirulina (optional)
- 1/2 finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup grape seed or extra virgin olive oil
- Turn on an empty food processor and drop in garlic cloves, walnut pieces and flax seed. Pulse until evenly chopped.
- Add spinach, kale, spirulina and lemon zest. Pulse until mixture is finely and evenly chopped.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add lemon juice, honey, kosher salt, cayenne pepper.
- Turn the food processor on and gradually add grape seed or olive oil in a thin stream to blend.
- Serve raw or lightly warmed. Refrigerate for up to 2 days with a piece of plastic wrap pressed on the surface of the sauce or a thin layer of olive oil poured on top.