By Mark Sisson
Snacks—both a fun part of the day and a potential stressor. You want something luscious and indulgent, but you also don’t want to blow all of your healthy-eating habits for the day. And you want something that will leave you feeling energized, not in a sugar-crash stupor. You know there’s nothing in the vending machine that ticks all these boxes. What’s a hungry healthy snacker to do?
Enter the “fat bomb.” These trendy little treats are all over Insta, and for good reason. They’re a simple and super-delicious and satisfying way to kill the afternoon munchies and add a bit more healthy fat to your day.
For this fast, easy recipe, Clean Plates Collective member Mark Sisson, author of The Keto Reset Diet, combined fat-burning, disease-fighting superfood matcha powder with nutrient-rich tahini, so you get a whole lot of energizing bang for your buck. And did we mention that their fudge-like texture and touch of sweetness make them feel like a treat? Fire up that food processor and get ready to dig in.
BIO: Ancestral health pioneer and former endurance athlete Mark Sisson is a New York Times bestselling author of the The Keto Reset Diet and bestselling author of Primal Blueprint and Primal Endurance. He also runs the Primal Nutrition supplement company and Primal Kitchen, which offers dairy/gluten/grain/soy free foods.
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) tahini
- 1/2 cup (120 g) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) vanilla extract
- 5 drops vanilla stevia, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) matcha green tea powder
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour into a silicone mini muffin mold or silicone ice cube tray. (Alternatively, line a small rectangular loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the entire mixture.)
- Freeze until set. Pop the fudge out of the mold or cut the larger piece into bite-size squares. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for best texture.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Keto Reset Diet by Mark Sisson.