Skip to content
- 4 c pumpkin or Butternut Squash, peeled and medium diced
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ½ c onions, small diced
- 3 tsp garlic
- 1/8 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 T white wine or lemon juice
- 2 c vegetable stock
- 1 ½ tsp fresh sage, chopped
- ¼ sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Toss pumpkin & cinnamon in 2 tsp of olive oil. Roast at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until tender
- Sweat onions & chili flakes in remaining olive oil using a small sauce pan. Once onions are translucent add garlic and cook for 10 seconds. Add squash and cook for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Deglaze with white wine and add stock and sage. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Puree using stick blender or food processor. Reheat and season with salt and pepper.