New Jersey-based nutritional advisor and recipe developer Diane Piazza created this no-cook pumpkin pudding that’s also gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and soy-free—so everyone can dig in!
- 30 oz. fresh pumpkin purée*, or two 15-oz. cans of organic, unsweetened pumpkin
- 3/4 c. extra virgin coconut oil, warmed just to liquid consistency
- 2/3 c. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- In the jar of a blender, mix the pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. Blend on high speed for one minute. Scrape down the sides of the blender jar and blend again for one more minute.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into parfait glasses, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Keep the pudding refrigerated until just before serving. Garnish with your choice of whipped topping and cinnamon, if desired. Will keep for a couple of days covered in the refrigerator.
- * To cook the pumpkin, cut it in half. Remove the seeds and strings. Place it on a baking sheet, cut side down and bake in a 325°F oven for one hour or until tender. Scoop the pulp out of the shell and run it through a ricer, strainer or blender.
- That's a great pumpkin.