This colorful mélange will brighten any holiday table. Using locally grown, organic vegetables offers superior nutrition and intensifies the flavors.
- 1 bunch organic,slender carrots (about 5-6), cut into 1-inch rounds
- 3 organic beets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 organic celeriac (also called celery root), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 organic onion, halved and cut into thin wedges
- 5 organic garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 sprigs organic, fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Place carrots, beets, celery root, onion, garlic cloves and thyme sprigs on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, until vegetables are golden brown, soft and easily pierced with fork.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to serving platter; drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.