- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 pounds organic green apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- pinch sea salt
- CRUST: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor; pulse until mixture is moist, mealy and still slightly coarse. Press mixture into bottom and sides of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- FILLING: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Line baking sheet with foil; spread apple mixture over the foil. Bake until apples are soft, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- COMBINE: Pour filling into crust. Slice carefully (crust is delicate) and serve.
Any leftover filling makes an unbelievable oatmeal topping.