This soup is one of Holli Thompson’s springtime favorites.
- 2 1/2 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 teaspoon coconut butter
- 3 chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup chopped red potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 8 pieces of asparagus, cut in half for garnish
- Sauté the asparagus spears in 1/2 of the coconut butter for 30 seconds and keep aside for garnish.
- Heat the remaining coconut butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the shallots and potatoes and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable stock, mix well and simmer till the potatoes are nearly cooked.
- Add the asparagus, mix well and cook for a few more minutes. Cool completely.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer to smooth puree.
- Transfer the puree back to the pan, add the salt, pepper and remaining vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Serve hot garnished with the sautéed asparagus spears.