This recipe is from The New Milks ($17; Atria Books) by Dina Cheney.
- 1 cup plain unsweetened coconut milk beverage (not canned)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 cups hulled strawberries (about 22 ounces)
- ¾ cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small bowl, stir together coconut milk and vinegar, and let sit for 10 minutes. Pour into the food processor, and add the remaining ingredients. Puree until very smooth, about 1 minute. Chill, covered, until very cold, at least 2 hours.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker, following the manufacturer’s instructions (the churning process should take about 20 minutes). Scoop into a container, and freeze until the sherbet solidifies further, at least 3 hours.
Copyright © 2016 by Dina Cheney from THE NEW MILKS: 100-Plus Dairy-Free Recipes for Making and Cooking with Soy, Nut, Seed, Grain, and Coconut Milks, published by Atria Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.