Skip to content
Recipe by Joanna McCracken
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup organic ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1 organic egg
- 1/2 cup grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour (or 1 1/3 cups of oats ground in the vitamix or food processor)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- Cut two small, orange-fleshed sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and bake until soft, about 30 minutes. Scoop out the insides and discard the skin. Place in a blender and blend with the ghee.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg lightly. Add maple syrup, whisk until combined. Add almond milk, sweet potato mixture, chia seeds and vanilla, whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together except for the walnuts.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir in walnuts.
- Distribute batter evenly between your muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.