This light, easy lunch recipe was created by Amy Sherman.
Also published on Medium.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, about one pound, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of saffron
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh arugula, preferably organic
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the sweet potatoes in a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Let cool.
- Soak the saffron in 2 tablespoons of boiling water; allow the mixture to cool. Meanwhile, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, saffron water, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt, until creamy.
- Place the arugula in a serving bowl and top with the sweet potatoes, pomegranate seeds and pistachios. Drizzle with the dressing and toss gently, before serving.