Recipe by Madeleine Murphy
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1 vanilla bean, insides scraped out (or 1 teaspoon Madagascar vanilla bean extract)
- 2 ounces cold-pressed ginger
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon spirulina extract
- 1 tablespoon maca root powder
- Organic sprinkles (optional)
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, grind cashews until they reach a fine powder. Depending on the speed of your blender or processor, this should take 3 to 5 minutes. Just make sure you stop before a paste forms.
- Add the water, dates, vanilla, ginger, lemon, spirulina, and maca and blend for 60 more seconds. Top with organic sprinkles, if you wish.
Drink this right away over ice or warm it in a pot over low heat and froth with a hand frother or whisk for a comforting, warm version. Top it with turmeric, spirulina or beetroot powder for a rainbow effect!