This recipe is from Decolonize Your Diet: Plant-Based Mexican-American Recipes for Health and Healing ($18; Arsenal Pulp Press, 2015) by Luz Calvo and Catriona Rueda Esquibel.
- ¼ cup fresh Key lime juice
- 3–4 pound seedless watermelon, peeled and cubed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, cut into slices
- Chile lime salt (optional)
- In a blender, combine lime juice with ¼ cup water. Add watermelon and cucumber and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into a pitcher along with slices of lime. Refrigerate and serve cold.
- If desired, rub one slice of lime around rims of glasses and dip rims in a small plate of chile lime salt.