You need a healthy snack to keep you going… but you really, reeaaallly want some chocolate-chip cookie dough. We’ve been there. Now you can have both: Toss a few simple, wholesome ingredients into your food processor—including super-trendy Collagen Powder from youtheory®—and seconds later, you’ll sink your teeth into chewy, satisfying cookie dough energy bites that kill off your cravings and leave you satisfied and energized until mealtime. Win-win.
- 1 ½ cups pitted dried dates (about 8 oz.)
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup youtheory® Collagen Powder (4 scoops)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life) or cacao nibs
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and blend just until smooth and beginning to hold together (Don’t overwork it; it will become oily and harder to handle.) (Yield: About 13.4 oz.) Transfer to a bowl and knead in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1-Tbsp. cookie scoop, portion dough into even pieces. Roll between your palms into balls. Place on baking sheet and refrigerate until firm. Serve, or cover and refrigerate or freeze to serve later.
- Replace the chocolate chips with raisins and add 1 tsp. cinnamon when blending.
- Replace the chocolate chips with chopped white chocolate and add 1 to 2 tsp. lemon zest when blending.
- Replace chocolate chips with dried cranberries and add 1 to 2 tsp. orange zest when blending.