Granola—it’s a tasty, satisfying breakfast, a crunchy snack, and a shortcut to a healthier gut. Wait, what? Yes, this indulgent-tasting, protein- and healthy fat-rich cherry-vanilla granola has a secret ingredient, youtheory® Spore Probiotic Powder, so no matter when and how you enjoy it, you get the added benefits of a powerful gut-health booster. Plus, this granola is super-easy to whip up on the weekend so you can enjoy it all week. Make a batch for yourself and another for a friend and crunch your way to better overall health, boosted mood and immunity, increased energy and more.
- 1 ¼ cups sliced almonds (150g)
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans (185g)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (155g)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut (110g)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ - 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 scoops youtheory® Spore Probiotic Powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ cup dried cherries (75g), chopped
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. In a large bowl, combine almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds and coconut; mix well. In a medium bowl, whisk oil, maple syrup, vanilla, probiotic powder and salt. Pour into bowl with nut mixture and toss until well combined and evenly coated. Spread mixture evenly on 2 large, rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes and switching baking sheets front to back and top to bottom halfway through, until granola is toasted and golden. Watch it carefully toward the end to keep it from overcooking. (Granola will crisp up further as it cools.)
- Transfer to a large bowl to cool; stir every few minutes while cooling. Stir in dried cherries. Transfer to an airtight container; store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.