Chocolate has been known as the “food of the gods” since ancient times, and no wonder: Not only is it good for your heart, rich in magnesium, brain-boosting, anti-aging and great for your mood, it’s also, well, delicious.
For this superfood protein chocolate bark, we combined dark chocolate with youtheory’s beauty- and health-boosting protein-rich collagen powder, and topped it with nuts, seeds, dried cherries and a touch of sea salt. It’s an easy and fun way to whip up a crowd-pleasing dessert but also one that’s packed full of things that are truly good for you.
- 1 lb dark chocolate (70% cacao or higher), finely chopped
- 2 scoops (15g) youtheory collagen peptides
- ¼ cup (.8 oz) toasted unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup (2.2 oz) toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup (30g) roasted, salted pepitas
- ¼ cup (40g) chopped dried cherries
- ¼ tsp flaky sea salt
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Whisk in collagen; remove from heat and wipe any water off bottom of bowl.
- Pour chocolate onto lined baking sheet; use an offset spatula to spread it into a large rectangle. (Don’t worry about having neat edges; you’re going to break it up.) Make sure the chocolate is no thicker than 1/8 inch thick. Sprinkle toppings over chocolate; gently press toppings into chocolate. Refrigerate until chocolate has hardened, at least 1 hour. Break up into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.