This recipe is from Run Fast Eat Slow: Nourishing Recipes for Athletes by Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky.
- 2 small or 1 large ripe avocado, halved
- 1 small or ½ large jalapeño chile pepper, stem removed, quartered (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Scoop the meat from the avocado and place in a food processor with the chile pepper, lime juice, oil, and salt. Process until smooth and transfer to a bowl.
- Or prepare by hand by mashing the avocado with a fork until smooth in a medium bowl. Finely chop the chile pepper and add to the bowl along with the lime juice, oil, and salt and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day.
For a fiery cream, include the seeds of the jalapeño. For a mild version, leave the seeds out.