Kale, the trendy new green on everyone’s plates, makes its’ way into this simple salad dish. This recipe gets a nutrition boost from egg that makes it high in protein as well. Here are some tips to keep kale fresh as well.
Also published on Medium.
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- In a salad bowl, whisk together the lemon, garlic, mustard and olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chop the kale into ribbons and massage it into the dressing.
- Add the carrot and toss well.
- Divide the salad among serving bowls and top with the sliced eggs.