This recipe is from excerpted from Mastering Sauces by Susan Volland.
Also published on Medium.
- 1/2 cup salted, roasted pistachio meats
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon porcini mushroom powder (dried porcinis finely ground in a spice mill or coffee grinder)
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place salted, roasted pistachio meats, garlic cloves, finely grated lemon zest, porcini mushroom powder in the bowl of a food processor. Grind to a coarse paste.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl clean and add baby spinach.
- Pulse until the leaves and nuts are evenly mixed.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil in a stream until the mixture is a paste. Season with additional salt and pistachio oil (optional) to taste.