You can skip the schlep around town while hunting for that just-right gift; we’ve already done your leg work. A pick from our 2014 Gift Guide is sure to please any clean eater on your list.
1. Pumpkin & Honey Bunny Cards ($4): Go low-tech with a screen-printed card from the folks behind the all-natural syrup business, P&H Soda Co. We’re fans of “I Love You More Than Sliced Bread” and “Eat Drink and Be Merry” options. Find them at The Brooklyn Kitchen, Brooklyn Farmacy and Lion in the Sun.
2. The Sill Plants (from $38): Give your green thumb challenged friend cleaner air at home with a plant from The Sill. Low-maintenance plants like a snake plant or a succulent do double duty as a home beautifier and air toxin eliminator. 84 Hester St.
4. At Home in the Whole Food Kitchen: Celebrating the Art of Eating Well ($35): Amy Chaplin is a local gal; she used to be the executive chef at the East Village’s Angelica Kitchen. Share her gorgeous, new book with a pal: it boasts more than 150 recipes celebrating vegetarian cuisine.
5. Sweet Deliverance Jam ($10): Stuff a stocking with some of Kelly Geary’s meticulously crafted small-batch jam made from local ingredients. We’re wild about the complex strawberry chamomile honey jam; it’s like giving summer in a jar. Find retailers here.
6. Small Axe Peppers Bronx Hot Sauce ($8): Give a bottle of this kicky green serrano hot sauce and you’ll be supporting GrowNYC and the city’s poorest borough. The peppers that make up the sauce are sourced from community gardens.
7. Shore Soup ($12): Warm someone up with these fresh organic soups (think spicy gazpacho or a carrot coconut lime with fresh mint). The Mason jars are packed with local and seasonal produce and proceeds from each jar help to send hot meals to homebound Rockaway Beach residents.
8. 2015 Seasonal Produce Calendar ($16): A gift of a calendar is classic, but one tailored to your giftee’s eating region with seasonal recipes and what’s best to eat each month is a guaranteed winner.
Still looking for more options? Check out our National Gift Guide.