All we want in the morning is a fast, tasty breakfast that we can grab on the run, will keep us satisfied and energized all morning, and tastes like a treat. Is that so much to ask? It isn’t—enter these awesome gluten-free lemon-chia muffins, which tick all of the boxes above and also happen to have a secret weapon to boost your gut health: Youtheory® Spore Probiotic Powder. Make a batch on Sunday and all week you can run out the door with a morning meal in hand that tastes like a treat but also gives you the energy to take on your busy day.
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- Zest (1 ½ Tbsp.) and juice (½ cup) from 2 lemons
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut sugar (32g)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats (80g)
- ¾ cup almond flour (78g), 1 Tbsp. reserved
- 3 scoops Youtheory® Spore Probiotic Powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF; line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease well.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except blueberries, chia seeds and reserved almond flour. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Toss berries with reserved almond flour, then fold berries and chia seeds into batter.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake for 28 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes, then turn muffins out onto to rack to cool completely.